Michigan’s Upper Peninsula Guide
Things to do, facts to know, places to park, areas to see and more about Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Things to do around Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Visiting Detroit, the motor city. That’s where Henry Ford grew up and founded Ford Motor company. Basically invented the car. General Motors and Chrysler are also headquartered in Detroit!
- Visit Ann Arbor, home of the University of Michigan!
- Driving the coast of Lake Michigan all the way around is an amazing way to experience the area. You even pass through Chicago at one point! And you travel through the lower peninsula of Michigan the upper peninsula, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana for a total of 4 states!
- If you're not afraid of the cold, definitely try surfing the Great Lakes! Maybe you'll even run into one of the local ice-beard surfers!
- Almost all of Michigan is located in the Eastern Time Zone. However, the Upper Peninsula has four counties that lie in the Central Time Zone
- Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is home to the least visited national park, due to its remote location: Isle Royale National Park
- It is estimated that over 17,000 black bears live in the Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- There are 89 known species of fish in Lake Superior alone!
A driveway surfing platform that matches van dwellers, weekend worriers, and car campers with highly qualified driveway space to help you have the best experience possible. Vanly hosts offer a range of amenities from Wi-fi, bathrooms and even pool access. Learn more about us here
Some More Places We Love